TransCanada2012

woohoo

Saturday 12 May 2012

Day 6 - Cloverdale to Agassiz - 91km,

I left the Briner's farm in Cloverdale around 10:30 this morning after a glass of freshly pressed carrot juice. Delicious!
In Langley, I had my first flat! Unfortunately it was on the rear wheel so I had to take all my luggage off to patch the tube. The culprit was the tiniest piece of wire I have ever seen. I was impressed at how many people stopped to offer their help as I was sitting there waiting for the glue to dry.
 

This is the most unique intersection I have come across on my trip so far. I did not know a road can go in four different directions!
 On my way to Mission. I just loved the bright roof of that house.
 Nice view along Hwy 7 between Mission and Agassiz. Blueberries everywhere. If only they were ripe already.
 After a gorgeous ride along Hwy 7, with stunning views of the Lower Mainland, I found this quiet spot by the Fraser River in Agassiz. My friend Esther drove out from Cloverdale to camp with me for the night and to feed me. She brought tons and tons of food, most of which got roasted, melted or slightly burnt (mmmm) on our campfire right by the water. To sweeten up the experience, Esther even brought along incense sticks which we lit in the fire and then placed in the dirt around us. As we were sitting there enjoying the view of the snow covered mountain and sniffing the incense, a River Otter or something along those lines slowly swam its way upstream against the rough current. What a strong animal.


 Raspberry yogurt with apple slices, chocolate sauce and a cookie for dessert. I must say this trip is off to a gourmet start!!! Thanks Esthee!



2 comments:

  1. That's not fair! People bringing you fabulous deserts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, that little tiny wire that gave you a flat is probably a wire from the steel belt of someone's tire . . the same thing gave me two flats! Nice pics Linda . . proud of you girl . . . keep on rolling!

    ReplyDelete