TransCanada2012

woohoo

Monday 10 June 2013

May 27 Evening

We spent most of the hot part of the day in the shade next to a little church beside the highway. There was a water tap so staying cool was no problem. As we were lying there in the shade reading, napping, daydreaming, a wave of worry about the future rolled over me. James and I have talked a lot about the kind of lifestyle we would eventually like to settle down to: a bit of land to have a little farm with fruit trees, perhaps a small woodlot and a little house. But as I kept thinking about it all these questions came ....where to find this land, how to pay for it, how to make it all work, what to do when back in Canada...etc. Although I looked calm on the outside and did not voice my thoughts at the time, I had literally got myself into a minor panic attack of worries. I remembered how we had been in tight spots before and it had always worked out so beautifully in the end, but I was still scared. I was embarassed that I had so little trust so I just thanked God for all his blessings and protection on this trip so far and thanked him for what he had in store for our future and I also asked that he would take this panic out of my head.

We thought this church ground would be a good camping spot. The priest gave us permission to stay the night but warned us that it could get very noisy because many kids come hang out and ride their bikes around the church in the evening. We did not take him very seriously but around 8:30 when we wanted to start setting up for the night, more and more kids and teenagers showed up. Within half hour this peaceful place had turned into a noisy playground/soccer field. Great, what now? It was starting to get dark and we had no place to sleep.

We packed our stuff and went into the small town. Maybe someone could help us out.

With the help of a translated message on James' ipod we asked at a house with a big yard. The daughter even spoke some English which really helped. A lengthy, lively discussion ensued among the family members. We just stood there, not sure what to do. The tone of the discussion sounded friendly but we weren't totally sure. Finally they finished and the verdict was that we could not camp in their yard (o no, too bad) but....they have a second little house a few blocks over where we could stay! O wow, most kind!  Alexandros, the father, got on his bike and led us to their other property.
I almost could not believe it. The property had a cute little house on it with a good size field out front, one side lined with fruit trees. It was a down sized version of what we would like to own one day. To me this was like God saying, "no need to worry about anything, I will give you what you need at the right time".

No comments:

Post a Comment