TransCanada2012

woohoo

Thursday 28 June 2012

June 14 - 15 Heading to the Montana, USA Border by Waterton National Park



Hello Prairies.
The ride to the border was gorgeous. We passed through true prairie landscape (exciting for me since I have never been to the famous Prairies). Next to a farm, we came across this snazy car. Cool pic I think.

As usual I had my eyes primed for the local flora. Here some Shooting Stars.
More Shooting Stars and some onion like plant.
There was a lot of flooding in this area. Obviously the horses know how to make good use of it. This one in particular thoroughly enjoyed himself.

The mountains of Waterton National Park. We did not enter the park for time reasons. It looks like a gem though.
In search of another stealth camsite. This usually means pushing the bikes through some off road terrain. This tall grass was super cool. A great hiding place for stealth campers.

Our camp! Wonderful!

I found these gorgeous lady slippers on the side of the highway. I cannot remember ever seeing any of them before in the wild. Stunning!!!!

Taking in the amazing view. Behind us were big, steep mountains and infront was an endless plain of grass, shrubs and some trees. I really enjoyed spending some time in this geological and ecological transition zone where the mountains meet the prairie.

No comments:

Post a Comment