TransCanada2012

woohoo

Monday 10 March 2014

Feb 8- Unexpected treat

Location: South Lake Tahoe, California

The weather was still awful this morning. We packed our things to get ready to go over to Randy's show room but as promised we called him first to check what his plans were. Well, he had three more surprises for us. He said that he had paid for another night for us at the motel, he had also paid for a breakfast for us at the little restaurant down the road and that it would be his pleasure to drive us up to the north shore tomorrow if the weather was still bad!!!

Wow! What else could we say but THANK YOU! We could not adequately express our gratitude and awe at such kindness.
This made me think of something my cousin Jonathan once so perfectly said when he gave us a present: "I know it is easier to be on the giving side than the receiving side so please don't worry about this and just enjoy it". So often I feel kind of guilty when people give me things or do things for me that I cannot pay them back for. But, one big thing this trip has taught me is that being able to gratefully accept someone's kindness is just as important as being able to be kind and giving to others. I take great pleasure in doing kind things to others so why should I rob them of that exact pleasure when they want to do something kind to me?

We had a very nice, relaxing day off. The breakfast was delicious, our cozy room warm and dry, Bike and Bicyclette happily snoozing in the front of the room,  several good movies on TV that evening...just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment