TransCanada2012

woohoo

Monday 1 July 2013

Why Smart Phone pictures?

I know I have mentioned this before but I just want to clarify again why the image quality is not what it used to be in the beginning of the blog.

Since we are traveling more off than on the beaten tourist path, computer access is very rare and even then I would not take the chance to put my memory cards in a stranger's computer out of fear of a virus wiping out the photos on the card. (It has happened to James twice already; second time photos could be retrieved, thank God).

So along with getting the good shots with my other camera, I try to capture the most important sights and events with my phone from which I can upload to the blog directly. This is much better for the health of my memory cards and their contents and much easier since we can usually find some wifi at least once a week. But, obviously the picture quality is not always what it could be, especially in very bright and very dim conditions because either I can hardly see what the screen displays or the phone cameras light sensitivity is simply too low.

Thanks for your understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment